Never Perfect



♥ The mom of two beautiful children named Medina Sofea and Mikael Syarf ♥
Entries About Link D-I-Y

Music Player

  Daisypath Friendship tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Credits

Basecode by: Aina Syaza
Editor: Amel Jasmeen
Owner: ♥ Fash Nurfazlina ♥

Medina's first protein meal
Alhamdulillah successfully breastfeed Medina for her first 6 months and still continuing till now. Maybe sehingga Medina berusia 2 years or beyond. When she is 6 months old, I gave her additional foods along with breast milk to help fulfil her requirement for energy and other nutrients. So, for her first solid food, I started with pureed apple, pureed banana, pureed pear, pureed pumpkin, pureed carrot and blended rice porridge + breast milk. I introduced only one new food at a time and apply the 4-day rule. Once Medina has been introduced to a variety of foods, slowly I started to serve her with a combination of foods in a single meal. Example, blended rice porridge with pureed carrot. Now, I started to introduce protein meal to Medina.

Ingredients
Olive oil (contains necessary omega stuff which is good for baby’s brain development)
Holland onion, finely chopped
Chicken breast, diced
Carrot, diced
Chicken stock

1. Heat up your cooking olive oil.
2. Add the onion. Saute for 3-5 minutes over a low heat, stir.
3. Add the chicken and fry until cooked (2-3 minutes).
4. Add your diced carrot and chicken stock until all the ingredients are covered.
5. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Blend until smooth as you wish.



Tadaaaa siapp! Medina’s favourite food so far. I used only fresh ingredients and never add salt, sugar, sauces into her food. Not until she is 1 y-o. So, chicken stock tu I prepared it myself. I never combined sweet potatoes and rice in a single meal. Sbb both tu great source of carbohydrate. Rasa mcm too heavy for baby’s digestive system yg still not mature enough. I put Medina’s food in a small tupperware (a gift from my year 1 pupil sempena Teacher’s Day yg lalu), froze them and heat it back using a warmer whenever I need it. Easy for Medina’s Atok or Opah Yan when they need to feed Medina too. I have to cook everyday sbb Medina mmg sgt kuat makan! Just like her daddy HAHA! Medina’s mommy mmg sgt malas memasak but for Medina, saya gigihkan hati ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿ Pernah larr once I fed Medina with KFC mashed potatoes while travel dari Cameron to Selayang sbb food stock Medina habis. But as we know, excessive levels of sodium and glucose is not good for our health apatah lagi for babies. Some of you might say that we can't afford to cook for our babies everyday, tape masak in a big portion, selebihnya froze. During our pregnancy, we eat nutricious foods to ensure a healthy birth weight and our baby has sufficient high-quality protein and calcium intake. So why don't we continue to practise this good eating habits in our baby's diet kan mommies?

Read this article mommies!


Older Post | Newer Post